Repairing and restoring a file code line or something else that is missing by default or mistakes can be done easily by using the copy-pasting formula. The missing lines can be filling up by comparing two files and then searching for the missing one. All these can be done with the help of various straightforward and tweaked methods. If you have a website and you want to make it more appealing, but in the course of it, you missed something by mistake or knowingly, and some of the necessary code lines have been removed, then you must restore the missing code lines to resume the services of your website.
If the code line or any of the folder contents are missing, then you may find yourself in trouble. In this case, you should restore the missing contents by reentering the missing lines.
In Cloud storage, all the backups are stored there, and if you perform copy-pasting operations, then it doesn’t work correctly, you need to do a comparison of all the existing contents with other saved files. You should use the app that will help you to identify what is missing and what’s not.
Here is how to compare two different files and detect the missing contents. Then recover it from another file contents.
Using Windiff.exe to Compare Two Folders
Pursue these guidelines to know how to compare two different folders there:
- First and foremost, install and launch the file “Windiff.exe.”
- Then, press the File tab and then hit the “Compare Directories” section.
- Now, tap on the Enter key to proceed.
- You have to type the location address for every folder followed by the Enter key.
- Now, the application will inform you about the subsequent differences between the two contents. It also marks the location where it exists. To see the differences, hit the Expand tab situated at the top right-hand side edge and then apply double mouse, click on the displayed error result there.
- To fill up all the missing data according to the proved differences, you have to hit the File tab.
- Now, press the Copy tab.
- After that, select the location where you wish to copy the missing content or code lines. You may choose any of the desired locations. Then, press the Different Files tab followed by the OK button there.
Using WinMerge to Compare and Merge Two Different Documents
- First and foremost, install the WinMerge app and then hit the same to launch.
- After that, navigate to the File section and then hit the Open tab there.
- Next, you will be asked to browse the content files that you wish to compare.
- Hit the Compare button there. Once you have performed these above operations and compared two different files, you will be able to view all the missing data in highlighted mode. It will appear in a different colour to indicate that its missing file.
- If you wish to have the same content in both the folders, then navigate to the section “Merge.”
- Press the option “Copy All to Left” or “Copy All to Right” option based on the completed information there.
Using FreeFileSync App to Compare and Find Missing Contents
- In the beginning, install the app and then launch it on your device screen.
- After that, select the folders that you wish to compare through browsing their locations or via drag and drop options.
- Now, hit the Compare tab there.
Note: DreeFileSync is an independent tool that is used to compare a local file with the particular Google Drive file, local files with the folder using FTP folders.
- If you want to copy a file from a source to another, hit the Synchronize option and select the one among the available options.
Using ExamDiff App to Compare and Restore Missing Data
- First and foremost, install the app and then launch it on your device.
- Now, go to the Files section and hit on it.
- After that, choose the tab “Compare.”
- Choose the respective folder by locating the file destination or path, tap and drop method or via browsing.
- Now, press the Compare tab there.
- Once you have applied all the instructions to restore the missing data, then all the differences will appear in different colours.
After that, you need to link your contents, and to do the same follow these instructions:
- First and foremost, hit the Edit button.
- Now, you have to replace the blocks into the second file from the first one.
- After that, hit the Edit tab.
- Next, tap on the Replace Block related option for the second file.
Note: ExamDiff also provides premium services with the paid version, and one can avail smart comparison and detection of missing data with ease.
Using Total Commander App
- Firstly, download the program on your device and then launch the Total Commander there.
- Now, go to the Command-Tab and hit on it.
- Then, click on the Synchronize Directories option.
- After that, you have to mark the option related to Subdirs and “by content” options.
- Navigate towards the Show tab and then deactivate the Equal option. Now activate the other three tabs.
- Activate the Singles and Duplicate Options there.
- Press the Continue button.
- Then, click the Compare option for the comparison process.
- After that, if you wish to synchronize two different folders there, you have to visit the compare window and then choose the files that you wish to copy. Then, hit the checkmark between different columns. Now, press the Synchronize button there.